Contesting Seat: Bangalore North
Education: B.A., LL.B.
Profession: Lawyer, Agriculturist, Social Worker and Political Activist.
Assets: Rs. 24,79,52,597
Prominent positions held:
C Narayanaswamy has been actively involved in several committees, be it at the taluk level, party level or at the national level as an MP.
On parliament level
- 1996-98 Member of Parliament (Eleventh Lok Sabha – Bangalore North Constituency from Janata Party)
- Convener, Parliamentary Sub-Committee on Rural Employment and
- Poverty Alleviation in the Standing Committee on Urban and Rural Development
- Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Textiles
- Member, Committee on Empowerment of Women
- Member, Joint Parliamentary Committee on Broadcasting Bill
- Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Non-conventional Energy Sources
- Member, Computer Committee, Eleventh Lok Sabha
- Secretary, Parliamentarians’ Forum for Development of Co-operative Movement, New Delhi.
- Recipient of the Prestigious Karnataka State ‘Sahakara Rathna Award’ for 2007.
- Recipient of Shri Ramakrishna Hegde Award for 2010-2011
- Recipient of 77th All India Kannada Sahitya Sammelan Award – 2011
- Recipient of Jaycees International’s Outstanding Young Person of the Year Award for Karnataka State.
C Narayanaswamy is known for his vast knowledge about the Panchayat Raj Institutions and Panchayat Politics. He is a resource person and trainer on the topic.
Bangalore North saw the Primaries conducted by FAME, as an experiment in ensuring internal democracy in Indian National Congress. Three out of the four candidates for the primaries from Bangalore North were Vokkaligas. Narayana Swamy defeated Rajeev Gowda and others in the primaries.
Details on Assets of C.Narayanaswamy:
|Name||Constituency||PartyName||Movable Assets(Rs)||ImmovableAssets (Rs)||Total Assets (Rs)||Liabilities (Rs)|
|C.Narayana Swamy||Bangalore North||INC||34,52,597||24,45,00,000||24,79,52,59724 Crore+||3,70,20,1523 Crore+|
Details on Asset growth, indicating around 1200% increase during 7 year period:
|Movable asset (Rs)||Immovable asset (Rs)||Liability (Rs)||Total Asset (Rs)|
|2008 Assembly Election||1,00,000||2,10,00,000||Nil||2,10,00,000|
|2014 L S Election||34,52,597||24,45,00,000||9,22,460||24,79,52,597|