Contesting Seat: Bangalore South
Education: B.Sc, MSW
Assets: 1.49 Cr
Prominent positions and awards
- Core group member of the Asian Women’s Human Rights Council.
- Recipient of the prestigious ‘Right Livelihood Award’ also known as the ‘Alternative Nobel Prize’.
- One among the thousand women who were nominated for the ‘1000 women for Nobel Peace Prize’ campaign.
- Recipient of the ‘Rajyotsava Award’ and many other prestigious awards at the national level.
- Founding member Bangalore Gruhakarmikara Sangha
- General Secretary of Women’s Voice, founded in 1985, to work with women in slums, struggling for land, shelter and survival rights of the urban poor.
- President of the National Alliance of Women, set up following the Fourth World Conference of Women in Beijing in 1995 to monitor government performance on its various commitments to women and lobby for change.
- Joint Secretary of the Christian Dalit Liberation Movement, formed in the 1980s to mobilise Christian Dalits for affirmative action.
- Secretary of the Karnataka State Slum Dwellers Federation.
- Secretary for organisation building of the National Centre for Labour, an apex organisation of unorganised labour in India.
- President of the National Federation of Dalit Women (NFDW), set up in 1995.
- Member, National Human Right’s Commission
- Secretary, Organization Building, National Centre for Labor (NCL)
Details on Assets of Ruth Manorama:
|Name||Constituency||PartyName||Movable Assets(Rs)||ImmovableAssets (Rs)||Total Assets (Rs)|
|Ruth Manorama||Bangalore South||JD(S)||39,00,943||1,10,50,000||1,49,50,943(1 Crore+)|